Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break

This week has been Hero and Corbin's spring break, so we were hoping to get in some fun activities. Unfortunately the forecast said it was supposed to rain all week, except Wednesday. The Natural Science Center of Greensboro has a small zoo outside and I had been wanting to go back with Hero, as our first trip was with our Mommy and Me group while Hero was at school, so Wednesday seemed like the perfect day to go. We really had a great time together! Hero, who wants to be a Veterinarian when she grows up, got to practice her talents in her lab coat and also managed to just barely escape the jaws of the T-rex. Corbin actually pet one of the goats in the petting zoo, which was a really big deal for him and made me lots of pizzas in the pretend kitchen. It was so nice to have the kids play room there because it gave me a place to let Bastian just get down and play. He actually did really well, considering we ended up staying almost 4 hours and part of that was during one of his nap times.

The rest of the week we have tried to come up with some indoor activities. We had an indoor picnic while watching a movie one day. Another day we met Daddy at lunch time and played air hockey at his work, then we went to the mall and did a little shopping followed by a Chick-fil-A ice cream. We still managed to have lots of fun despite the rain!












2 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I can't believe how grown up Bastian looks. His hair is so beautiful.

Cortney said...

Looks like fun! I've never taken my kids there- I guess I need to.