Sunday, March 2, 2008

It Had to Happen Sometime!

We got back from our trip and Monday the kids were out of school for President's Day. Just before dinner and before Dave got home from work I had some people come over to look at some furniture I was selling. While they were here Corbin fell out of his bed and hit his head. He came out of his room crying and Hero told me what happened. I was trying to comfort him and tell him he was fine when I saw a trickle of blood on the back of his shirt. I searched through his mass of hair and found the source of the bleeding, but considering the things I heard about head wounds, it didn't seem to be bleeding too badly. With a closer look though, it seemed to me that it might need stitches, so Dave's mom came over to watch Hero and Bastian until Dave got home from work and Corbin and I headed over to the urgent care clinic down the road. After some waiting, then some crying (he actually did fairly well considering), Corbin left with 4 staples in the back of his head and Mommy with some lingering nausea. After a trip to the McDonald's drive-thru to get Corbin a Happy Meal with a chocolate milkshake, Corbin was right as rain. He hasn't complained once about his head hurting since it happened. I'm very impressed! Besides the normal bumps and bruises kids get, this was our first trip to the doctor for something serious. With two boys, I'm sure it won't be our last! I apologize to those who are squeamish, but I had to document the injury with a picture.

1 comment:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Cool. He will never forget that. Theron has had staples in his head as well. Orion has had stitches twice. A Happy Meal solves so much. It could bring world peace if we'd all just give it a chance.