Thursday, November 20, 2008

8th Birthday Party

Saturday Hero had an awesome birthday party at a horse stable in town (one of Dave's Xebweb clients was very generous in offering to do this party for Hero). All the children were able to ride two different horses, C.C. and Turbo, then Hero got a special turn to ride Turbo and steer him on her own, turn circles, etc. They also got to feed one of the horses, groom and lead the miniature pony, paint a horse craft, get their faces painted and get tattoos. Hero had a blast!




I found a picture of a horse cake online I thought I might be able to pull off, but I still thought I might be making a run to Walmart to buy a cake because mine wouldn't turn out. I love doing pretty much all things crafty, but I am not very confident in my cake decorating skills, so I was pretty surprised when the cake turned out better than I thought it would!


I heated hot dogs in a crockpot and we had hot dogs, chips, fruits and veggies. I bought bubble gum machines at the dollar store, filled them with bubble gum, attatched the star balloons, then wrapped them in pink bandanas. These then doubled as decorations and party favors.


I was so amazed that Corbin was so willing to get on a horse (considering I have a difficult time getting him to even pet animals in the petting zoo). He really enjoyed it! I also thought Bastian would be scared, but we got him up on the horses without a fuss. He seemed pretty sober about the whole thing, but didn't seem upset about riding.










Hero had a great time with all her friends! She got lots of horse related gifts - a pet shop horse suffed animal, a petshop horse t-shirt and a bratz doll with a horse. She also received two Disney Fairy books, some littlest pet shop animals and a Target gift card. She loved all her gifts and we were so glad so many of her friends could come! I think they all had a great time!

4 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

#1-That cake looks awesome.
#2-That party sounds like so much fun. Everything looks so cute.
#3-Good job, Mom.

Danielle said...

Everything turned out great! The cake is very impressive! I am glad Hero had such a great time!

Stephanie said...

Wow, what a party! She's a lucky girl!

shelley said...

yay! you survived the day even after the kids went to bed late! thanks again for having us over - it was a blast.
and great job on the cake. it turned out great, and i love that you made it pink.